Question about upgrading lucene 4.4.0 to 7.5.0

Question about upgrading lucene 4.4.0 to 7.5.0

Arpit Mittal
Hi All,

We are working on upgrading lucene version from 4.4.0 to 7.5.0.

We have a few questions. Could you please help us by giving us suggestions
to fix it?

Remove IndexWriter's per-document analyzer add/updateDocument APIs

We are using custom analyzer at the time of creation of index writer. While
adding a document we are adding a different analyzer. Could you please
provide us an alternative to fix it?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Arpit Mittal
650-834-6540

Re: Question about upgrading lucene 4.4.0 to 7.5.0

Arpit Mittal
Could you please help us on it? This is urgent for us?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Arpit Mittal
650-834-6540

Re: Question about upgrading lucene 4.4.0 to 7.5.0

Tomoko Uchida
Hi,
I think changing analyzer per each document when indexing will lead
inconsistent or unstable search results.

I would break down the reason why this is needed.

> While adding a document we are adding a different analyzer.

If a field needs to be analyzed by multiple analyzer, I would split up
them to separate fields and use per-field analyzer.

Hope you'll find it helpful.

Tomoko

--
Tomoko Uchida