RC4

Mark Miller-3
Yonik mentioned that RC3 broke Solr.

It looks like we are going to need an RC4.

  /**
   * Instantiate using the provided directory name (String).
   * @param lockDirName where lock files should be created.
   */
  public SimpleFSLockFactory(String lockDirName) throws IOException {
    lockDir = new File(lockDirName);
    setLockDir(lockDir);
  }

should be

  /**
   * Instantiate using the provided directory name (String).
   * @param lockDirName where lock files should be created.
   */
  public SimpleFSLockFactory(String lockDirName) throws IOException {
    File lockDir = new File(lockDirName);
    setLockDir(lockDir);
  }

And we need to add a test that hits that constructor.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

RE: RC4

Uwe Schindler
Oh!

I am sorry, that's my fault :-( Hope we can fix it soon, its only one line.
Just copy this ctor from NativeFSLockFactory.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
> It looks like we are going to need an RC4.
>

>   /**
>    * Instantiate using the provided directory name (String).
>    * @param lockDirName where lock files should be created.
>    */
>   public SimpleFSLockFactory(String lockDirName) throws IOException {
>     lockDir = new File(lockDirName);
>     setLockDir(lockDir);
>   }
>
> should be
>
>   /**
>    * Instantiate using the provided directory name (String).
>    * @param lockDirName where lock files should be created.
>    */
>   public SimpleFSLockFactory(String lockDirName) throws IOException {
>     File lockDir = new File(lockDirName);
>     setLockDir(lockDir);
>   }
>
> And we need to add a test that hits that constructor.
>
> --
> - Mark
>
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: RC4

Mark Miller-3
Well I'm ready - but I'm just going to wait till the morning - lot of
activity early in the morn (EST), so best to do it after that.

- Mark

RE: RC4

Uwe Schindler
I am finished win LUCENE-1906!

I also opened an issue for Solr: Maybe there are changes needed for
correctOffset after 2.9RC4. I hope, this time we find possible traps/errors
*before* releasing RC4.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
> Well I'm ready - but I'm just going to wait till the morning - lot of
> activity early in the morn (EST), so best to do it after that.
>
> - Mark

Re: RC4

Mark Miller-3
Just let me know when you feel comfortable and I'll start the tests and
transfer.

- Mark

Uwe Schindler wrote:

> I am finished win LUCENE-1906!
>
> I also opened an issue for Solr: Maybe there are changes needed for
> correctOffset after 2.9RC4. I hope, this time we find possible traps/errors
> *before* releasing RC4.
>
> Uwe
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
> http://www.thetaphi.de

I for myself feel comfortable.

It would be good to drop the JARs into Solr before releasing. I did it and
it seemed to work, but I only ran the tests, no real server.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
> Just let me know when you feel comfortable and I'll start the tests and
> transfer.
>
> - Mark
>
> Uwe Schindler wrote:
> > I am finished win LUCENE-1906!
> >
> > I also opened an issue for Solr: Maybe there are changes needed for
> > correctOffset after 2.9RC4. I hope, this time we find possible
> traps/errors
> > *before* releasing RC4.
> >
> > Uwe
> >
> > -----
> > Uwe Schindler
> > H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
> > http://www.thetaphi.de

Yonik Seeley-2-2
On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 8:22 AM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I hope, this time we find possible traps/errors
> *before* releasing RC4

Yeah, there was an older Solr issue open for this too:
Just didn't come across it and recognize it as a Lucene bug fast enough.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

RE: RC4

Uwe Schindler
I think this one should be fixed now? Have you tested?

Uwe

-----