RC5

Mark Miller-3
RC5 is up by the way, if anyone wants to grab it. I just have to double
check it all myself and send out the email to the user list. Got side
tracked on some other stuff.

http://people.apache.org/~markrmiller/staging-area/lucene2.9rc5/

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

RE: RC5

Uwe Schindler
I did not look into it thoroughly, but the lucene-core.jar works for me.
Also changes.txt ad JavaDoc look OK. I will check everything later!

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
> RC5 is up by the way, if anyone wants to grab it. I just have to double
> check it all myself and send out the email to the user list. Got side
> tracked on some other stuff.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~markrmiller/staging-area/lucene2.9rc5/
>
> --
> - Mark
>
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

RE: RC5

Uwe Schindler
As RC5 is now out, should we in parallel start the vote fort he final
artifacts? Hopefully there will be no problem with RC5 and we can get the
final version out this week?

Mark: Is it just another build from the same svn checkout, only the version
numbers are different?

After that we can branch and I can start with my first Java 5 patch :-)

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
> RC5 is up by the way, if anyone wants to grab it. I just have to double
> check it all myself and send out the email to the user list. Got side
> tracked on some other stuff.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~markrmiller/staging-area/lucene2.9rc5/
>
> --
> - Mark
>
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: RC5

Mark Miller-3
There are a few other steps. The vote has to be on the exact final
release artifacts.

One small issue - I estimated a release date of tomorrow - so changes
has that date. Don't know how exact we try and get that, but could use
another update.

In any case, I have to do more before the vote can begin - I must
generate the md5 hashes for the non maven artifacts and then sign all of
the artifacts (I started this before knowing we were going to do another
RC, but now I have to do it again).

I'll work all this up tomorrow (and push the date forward 3 days) and we
can begin the vote process if no one objects.

- mark