Re: Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 Release Plan

Junping Du-2
Hello community,
    Here is a quick update on status for 2.8.2:
    - We are 0 blockers now!
    - Still 9 critical issues, 8 of them are Patch Available and with actively working.
    For details of pending blocker/critical issues, please refer: https://s.apache.org/JM5x

    I am planning to cut off first RC in week of Aug. 21st to give these critical issues a bit more time (~2 weeks) to get fixed. Let's working towards first production GA release of Apache Hadoop 2.8 - let me know if you have any thoughts or comments.

Cheers,

Junping