Quantcast

Re: Fwd: Lucene and Groovy...

Doug Cutting
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> There are two .java files attached that may not make it through to the
> list.  These are simple wrappers that do exactly what you'd expect.  The
> idea is to make dealing with Lucene Hits more "Java like" with an
> Iterator, which in turn makes this much more amenable to Groovy.

+1, but it needs more and better javadoc and unit tests.  Every public
method should have a javadoc commment.  Also, there should be some
cautions about blithely iterating through all hits.

Doug

Re: Lucene and Groovy...

Erik Hatcher

On Apr 25, 2005, at 2:56 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:

> Erik Hatcher wrote:
>> There are two .java files attached that may not make it through to
>> the list.  These are simple wrappers that do exactly what you'd
>> expect.  The idea is to make dealing with Lucene Hits more "Java
>> like" with an Iterator, which in turn makes this much more amenable
>> to Groovy.
>
> +1, but it needs more and better javadoc and unit tests.  Every public
> method should have a javadoc commment.  Also, there should be some
> cautions about blithely iterating through all hits.

Thanks for allowing this.  I've added javadoc comments to all public
methods, made the constructors of HitIterator and Hit package scoped,
added a unit test, and also added a warning about iterating over all
hits.  If there is anything else that is needed to finish this off, let
me know.

        Erik