Re: Jakarta image on lucene.apache.org

Daniel Naber-2
On Friday 22 April 2005 06:42, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

> Hm, I'd like to replace it with a generic Apache logo... but it looks
> like jakarta-logo.gif comes from the 'site' SVN repository, which is
> used for xdocs -> docs build:
>
> % ant -Dasf.site.home=../../../site/ docs
>
> This 'site' SVN repo is for Jakarta projects.  Is there one for TLPs?

Apache httpd has its own "site" directory. We might need that, too.

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de

On Thursday 28 April 2005 00:16, Daniel Naber wrote:

> > This 'site' SVN repo is for Jakarta projects.  Is there one for TLPs?
>
> Apache httpd has its own "site" directory. We might need that, too.

I just had a closer look and got it working on my machine. The directory
structure now looks like this:

site
site/docs (was in the top-level directory before)
site/xdocs (was in the top-level directory before)
site/lib/jdom-b7.jar
site/lib/velocity-1.3-dev.jar

As xdocs/stylesheets now contains a site.vsl we can change the logo on our
homepage.

This is how Apache httpd does it (they have more *.jar files, but they
don't seem to be necessary).

Is it okay to commit this? Everybody can then test it before we update the
files on the homepage (the files should be the same, except the new logo).

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de

Re: Jakarta image on lucene.apache.org

Erik Hatcher
On Apr 28, 2005, at 6:03 PM, Daniel Naber wrote:

> On Thursday 28 April 2005 00:16, Daniel Naber wrote:
>
>>> This 'site' SVN repo is for Jakarta projects.  Is there one for TLPs?
>>
>> Apache httpd has its own "site" directory. We might need that, too.
>
> I just had a closer look and got it working on my machine. The
> directory
> structure now looks like this:
>
> site
> site/docs (was in the top-level directory before)
> site/xdocs (was in the top-level directory before)
> site/lib/jdom-b7.jar
> site/lib/velocity-1.3-dev.jar
>
> As xdocs/stylesheets now contains a site.vsl we can change the logo on
> our
> homepage.
>
> This is how Apache httpd does it (they have more *.jar files, but they
> don't seem to be necessary).
>
> Is it okay to commit this? Everybody can then test it before we update
> the
> files on the homepage (the files should be the same, except the new
> logo).

Sure, commit it.

This whole thing with Anakia is a stop-gap solution until our site is
converted to using Forrest.

        Erik

On Friday 29 April 2005 12:15, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> Sure, commit it.
>
> This whole thing with Anakia is a stop-gap solution until our site is
> converted to using Forrest.

You can now try it by calling ant in the site directory.

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de