Re: Solr Size Limitation upto 32 kb limitation

Re: Solr Size Limitation upto 32 kb limitation

Walter Underwood
Solr is not designed to store chunks of binary data. This is not a bug. It will probably not be “fixed”.

I strongly recommend putting your chunks of data in a database. Then store the primary key in a field in Solr. When the Solr results are returned, the client code can use the keys to fetch the data blobs from the database.

STOP sending this to [hidden email]. This is a user question and should go to [hidden email].

wunder
Walter Underwood

> On Feb 10, 2019, at 9:27 PM, Kranthi Kumar K <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Team,
>
> We didn’t get any suggested solutions. Could you help us by providing better approach or a solution to fix the issue?
> We’ll be awaiting your reply.
>
> <image001.png>
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Kranthi Kumar.K,
> Software Engineer,
> Ccube Fintech Global Services Pvt Ltd.,
> Email/Skype: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>,

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Please do not cross-post, this thread is for the users mailing list, not dev.

You have got the answer several times already: clean your input data. You obviously parse some pdf that contains bad data that result in one single token (word) being >32kb. Clean your input data either in your application or with Update Processor or TokenFilter in Solr.

Jan Høydahl

11. feb. 2019 kl. 06:27 skrev Kranthi Kumar K <[hidden email]>:

Hi Team,

We didn’t get any suggested solutions. Could you help us by providing better approach or a solution to fix the issue?

We’ll be awaiting your reply.

image001

Thanks & Regards,

Kranthi Kumar.K,

Software Engineer,

Ccube Fintech Global Services Pvt Ltd.,

Email/Skype: [hidden email],

Mobile: +91-8978078449.

Thank you Erick Erickson ,Bernd Fehling , Jan Hoydahl for your suggested solutions. I’ve tried the suggested one’s and still we are unable to import files having            size  >32 kb, it is displaying same error.

Below link has the suggested solutions. Please have a look once.

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-Size-Limitation-upto-32-KB-files-td4419779.html

  1. As per Erick Erickson, I’ve changed the string type to Text type based and still the issue occurs .

I’ve changed from :

<field name="FileContent" type="string_rev" indexed="true" stored="true" />

Changed to:

<field name="FileContent" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" />

If we do so, it is showing error in the log, please find the error in the attachment.

If I change to:

<field name="FileContent" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true" />

It is not showing any error , but the issue still exists.

  1. As per Jan Hoydahl, I have gone through the link that you have provided and checked ‘requestParsers’ tag in solrconfig.xml,

RequestParsers tag in our application is as follows:

‘<requestParsers enableRemoteStreaming="true"

                    multipartUploadLimitInKB="2048000"

                    formdataUploadLimitInKB="2048"

                    addHttpRequestToContext="false"/>’

Request parsers, which we are using and in the link you have provided are similar. And still we are unable to import the files size >32 kb.

  1. As per Bernd Fehling, we are using Solr 4.10.2. you have mentioned as,

[...]

  1. java.lang.illegalargumentexception
  2. org.apache.lucene.util.bytesref hash$maxbyteslengthexceededexception

[...]

image001.png (9K) Download Attachment
image001.png (9K) Download Attachment