Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.4 (RC0)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.4 (RC0)

Masatake Iwasaki
Thanks for putting this up, Konstantin.

I'm +1(non-binding) on the source tarball.

* verified signature and mds,
* built from source on CentOS 7 and OpenJDK 8 with native profile,
* built RPMs by bigtop, deployed 5 nodes cluster by docker provisioner,
ran smoke-tests of hdfs, yarn and mapreduce,
* built site documentation and skimmed the contents.

The binary tarball seems to be inconsistent with previous 2.7.x releases
as Brahma pointed out.

Bests,
Masatake Iwasaki

On 7/30/17 08:29, Konstantin Shvachko wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Here is the next release of Apache Hadoop 2.7 line. The previous stable
> release 2.7.3 was available since 25 August, 2016.
> Release 2.7.4 includes 264 issues fixed after release 2.7.3, which are
> critical bug fixes and major optimizations. See more details in Release
> Note:
> http://home.apache.org/~shv/hadoop-2.7.4-RC0/releasenotes.html
>
> The RC0 is available at: http://home.apache.org/~shv/hadoop-2.7.4-RC0/
>
> Please give it a try and vote on this thread. The vote will run for 5 days
> ending 08/04/2017.
>
> Please note that my up to date public key are available from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hadoop/common/KEYS
> Please don't forget to refresh the page if you've been there recently.
> There are other place on Apache sites, which may contain my outdated key.
>
> Thanks,
> --Konstantin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.4 (RC0)

Konstantin Shvachko-2
To avoid any confusion in this regard. I built RC0 manually in compliance
with Apache release policy
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html
I edited the HowToReleasePreDSBCR page to make sure people don't use
Jenkins option for building.

A side note. This particular build is broken anyways, so no worries there.
I think though it would be useful to have it working for testing and as a
packaging standard.

Thanks,
--Konstantin

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 11:40 AM, Allen Wittenauer <[hidden email]