Re: WildCard search replacement

Volodymyr Bychkoviak
Hi.

Aalap Parikh wrote:

>Hi,
>
>The idea about begin marker sounds good. And the
>prefix could be anything and could be made really
>small by just using may be 2 or 3 or even less
>characters.

if you want to use 1 character for begin marker make sure you don't nave
same tokens. But I think that making it 2 characters long is the best way.

>In terms of the PrefixQuery for 123* wildcard search,
>wouldn't such a query be rewritten to a BooleanQuery?

Yes, PrefixQuery is rewritten to a BooleanQuery.

>I tried using PrefixQuery and it did give me the
>TooManyClauseException.

Then you should use this approach. :)

regards,
Volodymyr Bychkoviak

Re: WildCard search replacement

Aalap Parikh
Thanks very much. Volodymyr, your trick about wildcard
search replacement has helped me a lot. Great idea!!!

Thanks a lot again.

--- Volodymyr Bychkoviak <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Aalap Parikh wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >The idea about begin marker sounds good. And the
> >prefix could be anything and could be made really
> >small by just using may be 2 or 3 or even less
> >characters.
> >

> if you want to use 1 character for begin marker make
> sure you don't nave
> same tokens. But I think that making it 2 characters
> long is the best way.
>
> >In terms of the PrefixQuery for 123* wildcard
> search,
> >wouldn't such a query be rewritten to a
> BooleanQuery?
> >

> Yes, PrefixQuery is rewritten to a BooleanQuery.
>
> >I tried using PrefixQuery and it did give me the
> >TooManyClauseException.
> >

> Then you should use this approach. :)
>
> regards,
> Volodymyr Bychkoviak