Redistribution Licensing

Gwyn Carwardine
Hi all, We're using dotLucene (vanilla) in our commercial product and we're
redistributing dotLucene with our product.

What do we need to do in terms of licensing - what notices do we need to
include and where?

Any help much appreciated
Regards, Gwyn

Re: Redistribution Licensing

Erik Hatcher
Gwyn,

You're asking in the wrong forum.  dotLucene is not an Apache hosted
project.  Lucene.Net (which is no longer based on anything but Java
Lucene) is now in incubation here, but is not dotLucene.   You need
to check with the license of the version of dotLucene you're using.

        Erik

On May 11, 2006, at 7:19 AM, Gwyn Carwardine wrote:

> Hi all, We're using dotLucene (vanilla) in our commercial product
> and we're
> redistributing dotLucene with our product.
>
> What do we need to do in terms of licensing - what notices do we
> need to
> include and where?
>
> Any help much appreciated
> Regards, Gwyn

RE: Redistribution Licensing

Gwyn Carwardine
Hi Erik. I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place. I get very confused!

However dotLucene and the Highlighter are both distributed under the apache
version 2.0 licence (that's what it says in the licence.txt file that they
come with)

So if anyone on here understands the requirement of this Apache v2.0
licensing then I guess it may be an appropriate place to try and get an
answer after all?

Cheers, Gwyn

You're asking in the wrong forum.  dotLucene is not an Apache hosted
project.  Lucene.Net (which is no longer based on anything but Java
Lucene) is now in incubation here, but is not dotLucene.   You need
to check with the license of the version of dotLucene you're using.

        Erik

On May 11, 2006, at 7:19 AM, Gwyn Carwardine wrote:

> Hi all, We're using dotLucene (vanilla) in our commercial product
> and we're
> redistributing dotLucene with our product.
>
> What do we need to do in terms of licensing - what notices do we
> need to
> include and where?
>
> Any help much appreciated
> Regards, Gwyn

Re: Redistribution Licensing

Erik Hatcher
IANAL, so I'll only refer you to the official ASF website on the
license:

        <http://www.apache.org/foundation/licence-FAQ.html>

particularly this one:

        <http://www.apache.org/foundation/licence-FAQ.html#WhatDoesItMEAN>