Requests per second/minute monitor?

Walter Underwood, Netflix
Is there a good spot to track request rate in Solr? Has anyone
built a monitor?

wunder
--
Search Guru
Netflix

Re: Requests per second/minute monitor?

jrodenburg
Not yet from us, but I'm thinking about a nagios plugin for Solr.  It would
be tomcat-based for the http stuff, however.

On 4/18/07, Walter Underwood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a good spot to track request rate in Solr? Has anyone
> built a monitor?
>
> wunder
> --
> Search Guru
> Netflix

Re: Requests per second/minute monitor?

Walter Underwood, Netflix
I noticed that admin/stats.jsp gives the total requests since
startup. If the monitor keeps the previous value, it can calculate
the rate at the client.

wunder

On 4/18/07 2:03 PM, "Jeff Rodenburg" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not yet from us, but I'm thinking about a nagios plugin for Solr.  It would
> be tomcat-based for the http stuff, however.
>
> On 4/18/07, Walter Underwood <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Is there a good spot to track request rate in Solr? Has anyone
>> built a monitor?
>>
>> wunder
>> --
>> Search Guru
>> Netflix

Re: Requests per second/minute monitor?

Yonik Seeley-2
On 4/18/07, Walter Underwood <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I noticed that admin/stats.jsp gives the total requests since
> startup. If the monitor keeps the previous value, it can calculate
> the rate at the client.

Something based off of access logs is more universal since it works
across many different types of applications.

Re: Requests per second/minute monitor?

Chris Hostetter-3

: Is there a good spot to track request rate in Solr? Has anyone
: built a monitor?

I would think it would make more sense to track this in your application
server then to add it to Solr itself.

-Hoss