Ruby bindings/SolRuby?

Brian Lucas-2
Is anyone working on Ruby bindings?  I noticed a page called "SolRuby" on
the wiki - what is this?

I would like to make Solr work like a model in Rails if possible, but don't
want to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks, Brian

Re: Ruby bindings/SolRuby?

Erik Hatcher

On May 1, 2006, at 10:05 AM, Brian Lucas wrote:
> Is anyone working on Ruby bindings?  I noticed a page called
> "SolRuby" on
> the wiki - what is this?

I added that link, and had hoped (as I often do) to make some time to
fill in some wishes there.

> I would like to make Solr work like a model in Rails if possible,
> but don't
> want to reinvent the wheel.

As far as I know, nothing has been done yet, but I'm am very
interested in exploring the development of a Ruby DSL (domain-
specific language), like ActiveRecord and also in conjunction with
it, to map Solr cleanly.

Feel free to fill in your wish list or better yet some implementation
into that wiki page.

        Erik