Running Nutch on existing Hadoop installation

Running Nutch on existing Hadoop installation

Bradford Stephens
Greetings,

What should it take to run Nutch on an existing Hadoop installation? I
plan on using HBase on my Hadoop cluster as well as Nutch, so I'd like
to keep everything as 'separate' as possible.

I would think the only thing I need to do from a fresh Nutch install
is edit hadoop-env.sh and set HADOOP_HOME to my already existing
hadoop directory. Is Nutch "smart" enough to do the rest? I've tried
it, and so far no luck... I get a "Connection Refused", even though
Hadoop will start up fine outside of Nutch if I do it.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Bradford

Re: Running Nutch on existing Hadoop installation

Developer Developer
Are you setting on multi node environment?

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Bradford Stephens <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> What should it take to run Nutch on an existing Hadoop installation? I
> plan on using HBase on my Hadoop cluster as well as Nutch, so I'd like
> to keep everything as 'separate' as possible.
>
> I would think the only thing I need to do from a fresh Nutch install
> is edit hadoop-env.sh and set HADOOP_HOME to my already existing
> hadoop directory. Is Nutch "smart" enough to do the rest? I've tried
> it, and so far no luck... I get a "Connection Refused", even though
> Hadoop will start up fine outside of Nutch if I do it.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
> Bradford

Re: Running Nutch on existing Hadoop installation

Bradford Stephens
Yes, we are.