SOLR-10272

Chris Ulicny
Hi all,

We are currently in the process of testing out solr 7.1, and I was running
into some strange issues with config upload and collection creation. After
some digging, I found SOLR-10272 which makes the configName parameter
necessary for collection creation, but all of our scripts for 6.X used the
old default behavior of matching collection name to the config set. The
resulting behavior was overwriting all of our named configs in zookeeper
with "_default" when the collections were created.

I am curious as to whether overwriting an _existing_ config with the
"_default" one was intended or not when the change was made. If it was, the
documentation for CREATE in the Collections API could do with an update,
because it currently seems to me at least like the behavior hasn't actually
changed from the 6.X behavior.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: SOLR-10272

Shawn Heisey-2
On 12/6/2017 6:43 AM, Chris Ulicny wrote:
> I am curious as to whether overwriting an _existing_ config with the
> "_default" one was intended or not when the change was made. If it was, the
> documentation for CREATE in the Collections API could do with an update,
> because it currently seems to me at least like the behavior hasn't actually
> changed from the 6.X behavior.

See the discussion here:

The fix for this issue is planned for the 7.3 release.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: SOLR-10272

Chris Ulicny
Thanks Shawn,

That's great to hear. I'm glad the overwriting behavior is being reverted.