SOLR Partial search

Rathor, Piyush (US - Philadelphia)
HI All,

I am trying to use “KeywordTokenizerFactory” to consider searching against the special characters in the search.

But the partial search does not work well with “KeywordTokenizerFactory”.

The partial match results are better in “StandardTokenizerFactory”.

Field type – text_general

Example for both scenarios :

Partial search parameter: Nah'

Expected result on top : Nah’bir

Partial Search : shar

Full Name : Sharma

Please let me know if there is something that can be done to cater both special characters and partial matches together.

Thanks & Regards

Piyush R

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, by you is strictly prohibited.

v.E.1

Re: SOLR Partial search

Aman Tandon
Hi Piyush,

I suppose your end goal is to search special chars too and I hope you are
using it typeahead.

Keyword tokenizer keep the complete string as token. So when you search
with partial it won't match.

You could add the n-gram filter. Then output of keyword tokenizer will be
broken in configured grams and that might help you.

Please give it a try and let us know.

Regards,
Aman