SOLR hosting

mgkimsal
Are there any companies that offer hosted SOLR services?

If not, is there any interest in the community in a service like this?

Michael Kimsal
http://webdevradio.com

Re: SOLR hosting

Tim Archambault
Is your question inherently asking if someone out there provides a service
that manages the indexes, etc for you and pre-installs and configures the
software?

If NOT, I can tell you that I bought a Linux VPS at Hostmysite.com cheaply
and dedicated 1 virtual domain to my SOLR instance and it worked fairly
easily. I'm no tech expert and got it to run.

Hope that helps.

Tim

On 3/21/07, Michael Kimsal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are there any companies that offer hosted SOLR services?
>
> If not, is there any interest in the community in a service like this?
>

> --
> Michael Kimsal
> http://webdevradio.com

Re: SOLR hosting

mgkimsal
Thanks.  Perhaps I should have clarified a bit.  I was looking more for the
first option.  And part of what I was asking for was to gauge some interest.
If there are no companies offering that, is there any demand in a service
like that?

--
Michael Kimsal
http://webdevradio.com