Saving dynamic field name without dynamic extension

Saving dynamic field name without dynamic extension

Debra-3
I want to add a suffix to my fields names to use the dynamic fields feature.
Is there a way to save the field name without the suffix so users can search by field  with plain field name?

Re: Saving dynamic field name without dynamic extension

Mike Klaas
On 3/6/07, Debra <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I want to add a suffix to my fields names to use the dynamic fields feature.
> Is there a way to save the field name without the suffix so users can search
> by field  with plain field name?

No, and I'm not sure that it is possible.  Solr needs to know the type
of a field at all times--not just during indexing.

Why not create a _user suffix, and programmatically add the suffix to
user queries before it reaches solr?

-Mike

Re: Saving dynamic field name without dynamic extension

Debra-3
Thank you, your suggestion looks like the way to go...

Mike Klaas wrote