Scripting in lucene

Ashok Archunan
Dear team,
I have query related to scripting in lucene. Consider a scenario where I
need to create a new field(Full_Name) by means of merging two existing
field (First_name + Last_name = Full_Name) and also appending new value in
a existing field. These things can be achieved via Scripting language using
Elastic search (Update API). But the real case is, can we do the same in
lucene using any external scripting package or can we achieve these using
Expression class in lucene?. Please let me know once you received the mail.

Thanks and Regards,
Ashok Archunan.

Re: Scripting in lucene

Adrien Grand
Hi Ashok,

This isn't something that expressions can do, expressions have been
designed for sorting and scoring and can only manipulate numbers.

--
Adrien

Re: Scripting in lucene

Ashok Archunan
Thanks for your reply. Is there any way to work near to my data in lucene,
we need to send piece of code to our lucene server from the application
server and we will process the data with the retrieved store fields using
that code. Our use cases will be 1. we want to change already existing
data. 2. retrieve records for the our criteria. say if two fields has same
value, then return in the result set.

elastic search link for updating fields in a document using script tag :
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/docs-update.html