Search emails - parsing mailbox (mbox) files

Search emails - parsing mailbox (mbox) files

Subodh Damle-2
Is there any reliable implementation for parsing email mailbox files (mbox
format), especially large (>50MB) archives ? Even after searching lucene
mailing list archives, googling around, I couldn't find one. I took a look
at Apache James project which seems to offer some support , but couldn't
find much documentation about it.
adb

Re: Search emails - parsing mailbox (mbox) files

adb
Subodh Damle wrote:
> Is there any reliable implementation for parsing email mailbox files (mbox
> format), especially large (>50MB) archives ? Even after searching lucene
> mailing list archives, googling around, I couldn't find one. I took a look
> at Apache James project which seems to offer some support , but couldn't
> find much documentation about it.

Apache James' MIME4J is one parser and Javamail also can parse mail.  I found
Javamail more intuitive, but have not tested either against a large mail set for
reliability and performance.

Antony

Re: Search emails - parsing mailbox (mbox) files

Grant Ingersoll-2
You might have a look at Aperture (http://aperture.sourceforge.net).
It supports a fair number of mail sources including mbox and imap, I
think.

-Grant