Searching in a bitMask

Cristian Lorenzetto
How it is possible to search in a bitmask for soddisfying a request as

bitmask&0xf == 0xf ?

Re: Searching in a bitMask

Mikhail Khludnev-2
My guess is that you need to implement own MultyTermQuery, and I guess it's
gonna be slow.

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Searching in a bitMask

Cristian Lorenzetto
Yes thinking a bit more about my question , i understood to make a query to
process every document will be not a good solution. I preferred to use
boolean properties with traditional inverted index.  Thanks for
confirmation :)

> My guess is that you need to implement own MultyTermQuery, and I guess it's
> gonna be slow.
>
> On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Cristian Lorenzetto <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > How it is possible to search in a bitmask for soddisfying a request as
> >
> > bitmask&0xf == 0xf ?
> >

> --
> Sincerely yours
> Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Searching in a bitMask

wmartinusa
hi

aren’t we waltzing terribly close to the use of a bit vector in your field caches?
there’s no reason to not filter longword operations on a cache if alignment is consistent across multiple caches

just be sure to abstract your operations away from individual bits….imo

-will