Setting a Threshold of a sortable field to filter the result?

Setting a Threshold of a sortable field to filter the result?

Vinci
Hi,

How can I set a threshold value of a field so that I can filter the result which is lower than the threshold? By the schema.xml or set by the query?

Thank you,
Vinci

Re: Setting a Threshold of a sortable field to filter the result?

hossman
:
: How can I set a threshold value of a field so that I can filter the result
: which is lower than the threshold? By the schema.xml or set by the query?

fq=your_field_name:[* TO your_max_value]

or

fq=your_field_name:[your_min_value TO *]

depending on wether you want a minimum or maximum filter.

Re: Setting a Threshold of a sortable field to filter the result?

Vinci
Hi,

One more thing: which numerical data type I should use, sfloat or float, fot the fq parameter?

Thank you,
Vinci

hossman wrote
:
: How can I set a threshold value of a field so that I can filter the result
: which is lower than the threshold? By the schema.xml or set by the query?

fq=your_field_name:[* TO your_max_value]

or

fq=your_field_name:[your_min_value TO *]

depending on wether you want a minimum or maximum filter.

Re: Setting a Threshold of a sortable field to filter the result?

Erik Hatcher
I'll let the example schema.xml speak for itself:

     <!-- numeric field types that store and index the text
          value verbatim (and hence don't support range queries,
since the
          lexicographic ordering isn't equal to the numeric ordering)
-->
     <fieldType name="integer" class="solr.IntField" omitNorms="true"/>
     <fieldType name="long" class="solr.LongField" omitNorms="true"/>
     <fieldType name="float" class="solr.FloatField" omitNorms="true"/>
     <fieldType name="double" class="solr.DoubleField"
omitNorms="true"/>

     <!-- Numeric field types that manipulate the value into
          a string value that isn't human-readable in its internal form,
          but with a lexicographic ordering the same as the numeric
ordering,
          so that range queries work correctly. -->
     <fieldType name="sint" class="solr.SortableIntField"
sortMissingLast="true" omitNorms="true"/>
     <fieldType name="slong" class="solr.SortableLongField"
sortMissingLast="true" omitNorms="true"/>
     <fieldType name="sfloat" class="solr.SortableFloatField"
sortMissingLast="true" omitNorms="true"/>
     <fieldType name="sdouble" class="solr.SortableDoubleField"