Setting the schema files

Aditi Goyal
Hi,

I am using the SOLR searching in my project. I am actually little bit
confused about how the schema works.
Can you please provide me the documentation where I can define how should my
query work?
Like, I want that "a, and, the etc" should not be searched. Also, it should
not spilt on case change. And it should not look for the sub words. I mean
it should completely search the word and not partially.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Aditi

Re: Setting the schema files

Ryan McKinley
Aditi Goyal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using the SOLR searching in my project. I am actually little bit
> confused about how the schema works.
> Can you please provide me the documentation where I can define how should my
> query work?
> Like, I want that "a, and, the etc" should not be searched. Also, it should
> not spilt on case change. And it should not look for the sub words. I mean
> it should completely search the word and not partially.

all docs are pointed to from the "Documentation" link on the left of:
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/

perhaps the most important one is:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/

Specifically, it looks like you are looking for the StopFilterFactory:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters#head-9e6f07472dbdf0facc966ac61c25145be1ae0d5d

ryan