Solr 1.2 or nightly?

Jack L
Hi,

I'm about to start a new solr installation. Given the good quality of
development builds in the past, should I use 1.2 or just grab a
nightly build?

--
Best regards,
Jack

Re: Solr 1.2 or nightly?

Ryan McKinley
Jack L wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm about to start a new solr installation. Given the good quality of
> development builds in the past, should I use 1.2 or just grab a
> nightly build?

Unless you *need* the new features in trunk, stick with 1.2

While we aim to keep the trunk functioning properly, the API's, files,
etc are moving around.  Upgrading from 1.2 will be easy and well supported.

ryan

Re: Solr 1.2 or nightly?

Mike Klaas
On 11-Sep-07, at 8:33 AM, Jack L wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm about to start a new solr installation. Given the good quality of
> development builds in the past, should I use 1.2 or just grab a
> nightly build?

Probably 1.2, unless you need new features.  Note that there has been
a lot of major work committed in the last week in trunk, so you may
want to use a snapshot from two weeks ago if you want oozing- rather
than bleeding-edge.

-Mike