Solr 1.2 performance

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
hi,
We have observed in our trial runs that indexing in  Solr1.3 is 3 -4
times faster than Solr 1.2.

Why is there so much difference in performance?

Is it the new code ? Or is it the new lucene? or is it some configuration?

--Noble

Re: Solr 1.2 performance

Otis Gospodnetic-2
Lots of Lucene indexing improvements in Lucene 2.3.*

Otis

> We have observed in our trial runs that indexing in  Solr1.3 is 3 -4
> times faster than Solr 1.2.
>
> Why is there so much difference in performance?
>
> Is it the new code ? Or is it the new lucene? or is it some configuration?
>
> --Noble

Re: Solr 1.2 performance

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
Can I use lucene 2.3 with Solr1.2? Is it tested?
Do I need to make any configuration changes?
--Noble

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 2:37 AM, Otis Gospodnetic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lots of Lucene indexing improvements in Lucene 2.3.*
>
>  Otis
>
>  --
>  Sematext -- http://sematext.com/ -- Lucene - Solr - Nutch

Re: Solr 1.2 performance

Otis Gospodnetic-2
That I do not know.  I do know I used Lucene 2.2 with solr 1.3-dev about 1-2 months ago without any issues.

Otis

> Can I use lucene 2.3 with Solr1.2? Is it tested?
> Do I need to make any configuration changes?
> --Noble
>
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 2:37 AM, Otis Gospodnetic
>  wrote:
> > Lots of Lucene indexing improvements in Lucene 2.3.*
> >
> >  Otis
> >
> >  --
> >  Sematext -- http://sematext.com/ -- Lucene - Solr - Nutch

RE: Solr 1.2 performance

Fuad Efendi
I used it, no problem... Lucene 2.3.1 fixes bugs with autocommit, please
check their site before move...