Solr 1.4.1 news entry

Mark Miller-3
Anyone got any opinions on how we write the news entry? I'm not seeing a
previous bug fix release for Solr to go by.

Personally, I'm thinking short and sweet unless I get some suggestions:

     <title>18 June 2010 - Solr 1.4.1 Released</title>
       Solr 1.4.1 has been released and is now available for public
       <a
href="http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/">download</a>!

       Solr 1.4.1 is a bug fix release for Solr 1.4 that includes many
Solr bug fixes
       as well as Lucene bug fixes from Lucene 2.9.3.

       See the
       <a

href="http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/tags/release-1.4.1/CHANGES.txt">release
notes</a>
       for more details.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: Solr 1.4.1 news entry

Chris Hostetter-3
: Anyone got any opinions on how we write the news entry? I'm not seeing a
: previous bug fix release for Solr to go by.

we havne't had one before.

: Personally, I'm thinking short and sweet unless I get some suggestions:

i think you're on the money -- the nature of a bug fix release is that
there aren't any features to hype -- at best we could hype the number of
bugs fixed, but it would be bad to single out specific bugs because people
might only upgrade if they think those bugs affect them (and not notice
that other less-hyped bugs in CHANGES.txt do affect them)