Quantcast

Solr 4.0 DIH

Software Dev
I download Solr 4.0 from trunk today and I tried using a custom
Evaluator during my full/delta-importing.

Within the evaluate method though, the Context is always null? When
using this same class with Solr 1.4.1 the context always exists. Is this
a bug or is this behavior expected?

Thanks

public class MyEvaluator extends Evaluator {
   @Override
   public String evaluate(String argument, Context context) {
       // Argument is present however context is always null!
   }
}

Re: Solr 4.0 DIH

Koji Sekiguchi
(11/02/22 6:58), Mark wrote:

> I download Solr 4.0 from trunk today and I tried using a custom Evaluator during my
> full/delta-importing.
>
> Within the evaluate method though, the Context is always null? When using this same class with Solr
> 1.4.1 the context always exists. Is this a bug or is this behavior expected?
>
> Thanks
>

> public class MyEvaluator extends Evaluator {
> @Override
> public String evaluate(String argument, Context context) {
> // Argument is present however context is always null!
> }
> }

I tried my test Evaluator on Solr 4.0 and it worked as expected, context is not null.
What I did on example-DIH is that:

1. add the following tag to db-data-config.xml:

<function name="toLowerCase" class="LowerCaseFunctionEvaluator"/>

2. use the above evaluator:

<entity name="feature"
         query="select DESCRIPTION from FEATURE where ITEM_ID='${dih.functions.toLowerCase(item.ID)}'"

3. do full-import

Mt test evaluator looks like this:

public class LowerCaseFunctionEvaluator extends Evaluator {
   public String evaluate(String expression, Context context) {
     System.out.println( "***** exp = " + expression );
     System.out.println( "***** context = " + context );
     return null;
   }