Solr 7.2.1 DELETEREPLICA automatically NRT replica appears

Solr 7.2.1 DELETEREPLICA automatically NRT replica appears

Greg Roodt
Hi

I am running a cluster of TLOG and PULL replicas. When I call the
DELETEREPLICA api to remove a replica, the replica is removed, however, a
new NRT replica pops up in a down state in the cluster.

Any ideas why?

Greg

Re: Solr 7.2.1 DELETEREPLICA automatically NRT replica appears

Tomas Fernandez Lobbe-2
This shouldn’t be happening. Did you see anything related in the logs? Does the new NRT replica ever becomes active? Is there a new core created or do you just see the replica in the clusterstate?

Tomas

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 7, 2018, at 8:18 PM, Greg Roodt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I am running a cluster of TLOG and PULL replicas. When I call the
> DELETEREPLICA api to remove a replica, the replica is removed, however, a
> new NRT replica pops up in a down state in the cluster.
>
> Any ideas why?
>
> Greg

Re: Solr 7.2.1 DELETEREPLICA automatically NRT replica appears

Greg Roodt
I'll check the logs when I'm back at my computer. Mostly errors about
failing to find the core spamming the logs if I recall correctly.

Node never becomes active. Just spams the logs. Only way to remove it is to
stop solr in the node and delete the replica via API on another node.