Solr Cloud configuration

Steve Pruitt
Getting my Solr Cloud nodes up and running took manually setting execution permissions on the configuration files and manually creating the logs and logs/archived folders under /opt/solr/server.  Even though I have my log folders set to var/solr/logs in the default/solr.in.sh file.

After getting Happy searching!

I opened the Admin Console and I see
solr.data.home=
solr.log.home = "/opt/solr/server/logs
solr.solr.home = "/opt/solr/server/solr

SOLR_ENV points to my default/solr.in.sh file where I have these properties set.

I have these settings.
SOLR_HOST="AHost-centos7-4.lab.Adomain.com"
SOLR_HOME="/var/solr/data"
SOLR_DATA_HOME="/var/solr/data"
LOG4J_PROPS="/var/solr/log4j.properties"
SOLR_LOG_LEVEL="INFO"
SOLR_LOGS_DIR="/var/solr/logs"

Plus the bottom these were automatically filled in.  I can comment some of these out since I have set them already.
SOLR_PID_DIR="/var/solr"
SOLR_HOME="/var/solr/data"
LOG4J_PROPS="/var/solr/log4j.properties"
SOLR_LOGS_DIR="/var/solr/logs"
SOLR_PORT="8983"

Thanks in advance.

-S

Re: Solr Cloud configuration

Shawn Heisey-2
On 12/4/2017 12:11 PM, Steve Pruitt wrote:

> Getting my Solr Cloud nodes up and running took manually setting execution permissions on the configuration files and manually creating the logs and logs/archived folders under /opt/solr/server.  Even though I have my log folders set to var/solr/logs in the default/solr.in.sh file.
>
> After getting Happy searching!
>
> I opened the Admin Console and I see
> solr.data.home=
> solr.log.home = "/opt/solr/server/logs
> solr.solr.home = "/opt/solr/server/solr
>
> SOLR_ENV points to my default/solr.in.sh file where I have these properties set.

These paths sound like what Solr does when you manually start it, not
what happens when you start the service.

In /opt/solr/bin, do you have a solr.in.sh file?  If you do, that file
should be deleted or renamed.  The service install script will rename it
to solr.in.sh.orig.

If your service is not named "solr" then you should absolutely never
manually start Solr.  Even if the service is named solr, I would still
never do a manual start.

Thanks,
Shawn

RE: [EXTERNAL] - Re: Solr Cloud configuration

Steve Pruitt
Thanks.  I understand.