Solr Expression Slow

~$alpha`
In the below Solr query I am sorting based on the below expression.

> sum(if(and(tf(CRITERIA1_FILTER,Y),if(tf(PARTNER_CRITERIA1,N),0,1)),1,0),if(and(tf(CRITERIA2_FILTER,Y),if(tf(PARTNER_CRITERIA2,1),0,1)),1,0))
> asc

I have mentioned PARTNER_CRITERIA1 and PARTNER_CRITERIA2 in the expression.
I have similar10 expression like this.

I want to remove expression as it is slow,
Is it better to use custom sorting for such case and if yes, can someone
help how to do so?

Re: Solr Expression Slow

Erik Hatcher-4
I suggest applying that logic at index time and build yourself a SORT_CRITERIA field and use that rather than that sophisticated function that looks like it could collapse down to a single index-time field.

        Erik

> On Feb 12, 2018, at 10:32 AM, ~$alpha` <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In the below Solr query I am sorting based on the below expression.
>
>> sum(if(and(tf(CRITERIA1_FILTER,Y),if(tf(PARTNER_CRITERIA1,N),0,1)),1,0),if(and(tf(CRITERIA2_FILTER,Y),if(tf(PARTNER_CRITERIA2,1),0,1)),1,0))
>> asc
>
> I have mentioned PARTNER_CRITERIA1 and PARTNER_CRITERIA2 in the expression.
> I have similar10 expression like this.
>
> I want to remove expression as it is slow,
> Is it better to use custom sorting for such case and if yes, can someone
> help how to do so?

Re: Solr Expression Slow

~$alpha`
It cannot be done at indexing time. its based onloggedin user info