Solr JDBC and Basic Authentication

calamita.agostino
Hi all,

I'm using Solr 6.6 with solrj for jdbc connections and query.

In my Solr installation, configured in SolrCloud mode with 3 servers, basic authentication is enabled.

When I try to connect and execute a query, I get "USER_REQUIRED auth header null" in log files.

I found on some forums that there is an open issue ( SOLR-8213 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8213 ) on this problem from 26 October 2015.

Is there a workaround on this or there is no way to use solr jdbc with authentication ?

I'm trying to connect Apache Zeppelin to Apache Solr with jdbc interpreter, but I get this error.

Thanks.

Re: Solr JDBC and Basic Authentication

Joel Bernstein
I don't believe there is a work around for this at this time.

At Alfresco we are currently integrating the Solr's JDBC client into the
product and we'll be investigating approaches for securing the JDBC
connection. We'll be looking into the basic auth as part of this. So I
would expect to see progress on this in early 7x releases.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/