Solr - Managed Resources REST API to get stopwords

Solr - Managed Resources REST API to get stopwords

ruby
I added following to my Solr schema:

    <dynamicField name="*_stopword_en"  type="managed_en"    indexed="true"
stored="true"
          multiValued="true"/>

        <fieldType name="managed_en" positionIncrementGap="100"
class="solr.TextField">
                <analyzer>
                        <filter class="solr.ManagedStopFilterFactory" managed="english" />
                </analyzer>
       </fieldType>

and then restarted Solr.

Should following query return all stopwords?
http://localhost/solr/collection/schema/analysis/stopwords/english

I don't get any stopwords in response. I see following:
{
  "responseHeader":{
    "status":0,
    "QTime":1},
  "wordSet":{
    "initArgs":{"ignoreCase":false},
    "initializedOn":"2018-02-13T20:26:37.378Z",
    "managedList":[]}}

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks so much.

Re: Solr - Managed Resources REST API to get stopwords

sarowe
Hi,

Have you added any stopwords?

As mentioned in the ref guide <https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_2/managed-resources.html#managing-stop-words>, the techproducts configset includes a pre-defined list of stopwords, but your configset may not have the managed stopwords storage file.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Feb 13, 2018, at 3:41 PM, ruby <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I added following to my Solr schema:
>
>    <dynamicField name="*_stopword_en"  type="managed_en"    indexed="true"
> stored="true"
>          multiValued="true"/>
>
> <fieldType name="managed_en" positionIncrementGap="100"
> class="solr.TextField">
> <analyzer>
> <tokenizer class="solr.StandardTokenizerFactory"/>
> <filter class="solr.ManagedStopFilterFactory" managed="english" />
> </analyzer>
>       </fieldType>
>
> and then restarted Solr.
>
> Should following query return all stopwords?
> http://localhost/solr/collection/schema/analysis/stopwords/english
>
> I don't get any stopwords in response. I see following:
> {
>  "responseHeader":{
>    "status":0,
>    "QTime":1},
>  "wordSet":{
>    "initArgs":{"ignoreCase":false},
>    "initializedOn":"2018-02-13T20:26:37.378Z",
>    "managedList":[]}}
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks so much.

Re: Solr - Managed Resources REST API to get stopwords

ruby
I was hoping to get back the list of stopwords which are defined in
server\solr\collection\conf\lang\stopwords_en.txt  file.

So are you saying this REST api can't give me access to stopwords defined in
this file?

Is there a query which will give me stopwords defined in
server\solr\collection\conf\lang\stopwords_en.txt  file ?

Thanks

Re: Solr - Managed Resources REST API to get stopwords

Alessandro Hoss
So are you saying this REST api can't give me access to stopwords defined in
this file?

Is there a query which will give me stopwords defined in
server\solr\collection\conf\lang\stopwords_en.txt  file ?

No, the managed resources are managed via API, and stored in a "
schema_analysis_stopwords_english.json" file inside the core directory.

Maybe you can convert your .txt file to the new json file format and change
the file name accordingly for a warm start.

Regards,
Alessandro Hoss