Solr New version 8.1

vishal patel-2
Hi

Any one knows about tentative date of stable SOLR 8.1 release?

Re: Solr New version 8.1

Shawn Heisey-2
On 4/11/2019 3:30 AM, vishal patel wrote:
> Any one knows about tentative date of stable SOLR 8.1 release?

There are never any scheduled release dates.

When one of the committers decides it's time for a new release and
volunteers to be the release manager, then we have a release.  It
typically takes about a week between somebody volunteering and the
release announcement -- a few days to finalize changes and then 72 hours
for the official release vote.  When the vote passes, the release
manager will usually wait 1-2 days before making the announcement -- to
give some time for the release to be copied to the mirrors of Apache
software.  Sometimes a vote is cancelled because somebody finds a
problem.  In that situation, a new vote is started after the problem is
fixed.

What I've noticed is that there are usually 3 to 8 weeks between minor
releases.  Gearing up for a major release usually takes a lot longer.

It has been three weeks since the 8.0 release was announced.  It
shouldn't be a whole lot longer before 8.1 is released.

Thanks,
Shawn