Solr Replication

Mannar mannan
Hi All,

I would like to configure master slave between two solr cloud clusters (for
failover). Below is the scenario

Solr version : 7.0

Cluster 1:
3 zookeeper instances :   zk1, zk2, zk3
2 solr instances : solr1, solr2

Cluster 2:
1 zookeeper instance : bkpzk1,
1 solr instances : bkpsolr1, bkpsolr2

Master / Slave :  solr1 / bkpsolr1
                          solr2 / bkpsolr2

Is it possible to have master / slave replication configured for solr
instances running in cluster1 & cluster2 (for failover). Kindly let me know
the possibility.

Re: Solr Replication

Bernd Fehling
In SolrCloud there are Data Centers.
Your Cluster 1 is DataCenter 1 and your Cluster 2 is Data Center 2.
You can then use CDCR (Cross Data Center Replication).
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_0/cross-data-center-replication-cdcr.html

Nevertheless I would spend your Cluster 2 another 2 zookeeper instances.

Regards, Bernd

Am 07.01.19 um 06:39 schrieb Mannar mannan:

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to configure master slave between two solr cloud clusters (for
> failover). Below is the scenario
>
> Solr version : 7.0
>
> Cluster 1:
> 3 zookeeper instances :   zk1, zk2, zk3
> 2 solr instances : solr1, solr2
>
> Cluster 2:
> 1 zookeeper instance : bkpzk1,
> 1 solr instances : bkpsolr1, bkpsolr2
>
> Master / Slave :  solr1 / bkpsolr1
>                            solr2 / bkpsolr2
>
> Is it possible to have master / slave replication configured for solr
> instances running in cluster1 & cluster2 (for failover). Kindly let me know
> the possibility.

RE: Solr Replication

Vadim Ivanov
Using cdcr with new replica types be aware of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-12057?focusedComm

Parallel indexing to both cluster might be an option as well
--
Vadim