Solr Request Handler

Lucky Sharma
Hi have one scenario,
where I need to make a sequential call to the solr. Both the requests
are sequential and output of the first will be required to set some
params of the second search request.

So for such scenarios, I am writing a plugin which will internally
handle both the requests and gives the final response as output.

Is this the correct approach?
The only assumption I am making here is that both the cores are
locally available.

--
Warm Regards,

Lucky Sharma
Contact No: +91 9821559918

Re: Solr Request Handler

Alexandre Rafalovitch
You should not be exposing Solr directly to the client, but treating
it more as a database.

Given that, why would you not write your processing code in that
middle-ware layer?

Regards,
   Alex.
On Mon, 3 Dec 2018 at 06:43, Lucky Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi have one scenario,
> where I need to make a sequential call to the solr. Both the requests
> are sequential and output of the first will be required to set some
> params of the second search request.
>
> So for such scenarios, I am writing a plugin which will internally
> handle both the requests and gives the final response as output.
>
> Is this the correct approach?
> The only assumption I am making here is that both the cores are
> locally available.
>
> --
> Warm Regards,
>
> Lucky Sharma
> Contact No: +91 9821559918

Re: Solr Request Handler

Andrea Gazzarini-6
Hi,
What Alexander said is right, but if in your scenario you would still go
for that, you could try this [1], that should fit your need.

Best,
Andrea

[1]  https://github.com/SeaseLtd/composite-request-handler

On Mon, 3 Dec 2018, 13:26 Alexandre Rafalovitch <[hidden email] wrote:

> You should not be exposing Solr directly to the client, but treating
> it more as a database.
>
> Given that, why would you not write your processing code in that
> middle-ware layer?
>
> Regards,
>    Alex.
> On Mon, 3 Dec 2018 at 06:43, Lucky Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi have one scenario,
> > where I need to make a sequential call to the solr. Both the requests
> > are sequential and output of the first will be required to set some
> > params of the second search request.
> >
> > So for such scenarios, I am writing a plugin which will internally
> > handle both the requests and gives the final response as output.
> >
> > Is this the correct approach?
> > The only assumption I am making here is that both the cores are
> > locally available.
> >
> > --
> > Warm Regards,
> >
> > Lucky Sharma
> > Contact No: +91 9821559918

Re: Solr Request Handler

Lucky Sharma
Hi Alex & Andrea for the reply.
But Alex, Our main idea was to reduce network latency, since the only
processing needed is only i/p to the next call, which is totally Solr
params, like facets, sorting query etc. Thats the  reason I am looking
for the same.
Thanks, Andrea but in my case the cores are different.
Ex.
/reqHandler1 => core1
/reqHandler2 => core2

--