Solr Slave high CPU at certain hour

yuyan
Hi,

I'm hosting a web server. The indexing is powered by Solr.
The Solr architecture we use is Solr Master / Slave.
Our Solr Slave(Java.exe) encounters 100 % CPU at a specific time. It happens few times per day especially working hour.
Now, how we solved the issue is add another Slave into the ELB.
We don't know what exactly happened to our Slave server.

Are there any tools or ways to find out what's happening?

Our current setup Platform : AWS Linux Solr version: 5.3.0

Thank you.

Re: Solr Slave high CPU at certain hour

Joel Bernstein
Here are two quick things:

1) Make sure info level logging is turned on and look at the logs during
the period of time the CPU is spiking.
2) Do a thread dump of what Solr is doing during 100% cpu time. You can do
a thread dump from the admin console.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/