Solr URI Too Long

kamaci
Hi,

I got a URI Too Long error and try to fix it. I'm aware of this
conversation:
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/URI-is-too-long-td4254270.html

I've tried:

Used POST instead of GET at SolrJ
Set <maxBooleanClauses>2147483647</maxBooleanClauses> at solrconfig.xml for
each cores.
Defined SOLR_OPTS="$SOLR_OPTS
-Dorg.eclipse.jetty.server.Request.maxFormContentSize=2000000" at solr.in.sh

I need to send a long query into Solr. I use Solr 7.6.0 and plan to use 8.1
whenever available.

Any ideas about how to overcome this?

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Re: Solr URI Too Long

Shawn Heisey-2
On 5/5/2019 3:40 PM, Furkan KAMACI wrote:
> I got a URI Too Long error and try to fix it. I'm aware of this
> conversation:
> http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/URI-is-too-long-td4254270.html
>
> I've tried:
>
> Used POST instead of GET at SolrJ

Can we see the actual code?  I can probably verify whether or not you're
actually using POST.

> Set <maxBooleanClauses>2147483647</maxBooleanClauses> at solrconfig.xml for
> each cores.

The maxBooleanCuases setting has no effect on the URL being too long.
The error would be different if you were running into that limit.

> Defined SOLR_OPTS="$SOLR_OPTS
> -Dorg.eclipse.jetty.server.Request.maxFormContentSize=2000000" at solr.in.sh

Solr's default for the maximum POST size is a little bit larger than
that number.  And Solr would probably override anything Jetty sets
anyway.  This is not how I would configure it.

Thanks,
Shawn