Solr boost function taking precedence over relevance boosting

Solr boost function taking precedence over relevance boosting

ruby
I have the following query (which was working until I migrated to Solr 5.1) with boost:

http://localhost:8983/solr/?wt=json&q={!boost+b=recip(ms(NOW,modification_date),3.16e-11,1,1)}{!boost+b=recip(ms(NOW,creation_date),3.16e-11,1,1)}Copy_field:(bolt)^10 OR object_name:(bolt)^300

The above query would list the objects with name "bolt" first and then other objects having "bolt" value in other properties. If two objects had "bolt" in name, then it would boost the ones with recent modification,creation dates.

This has been working until I moved to Solr 5.1. If I remove the date boost functions then objects having "bolt" in name are listed first. However, I still want to apply date boost functions to make sure if multiple objects having "bolt" in name is returned then the application shows the recent ones first.

Did something change in the Solr date boost functions?
If not, then is there something wrong with my query?
Is my understanding of date boost function with relevancy boosting current?

Thanks,
Ruby