Solr graduates and joins Lucene as sub-project

Solr graduates and joins Lucene as sub-project

Yonik Seeley-2
Solr has just graduated from the Incubator, and has been accepted as a
Lucene sub-project!
Thanks to all the Lucene and Solr users, contributors, and developers
who helped make this happen!

I have a feeling we're just getting started :-)

Re: Solr graduates and joins Lucene as sub-project

jrodenburg
Congrats to all involved committers on the project as well.  Solr is an
invaluable system in my operation.  Great job.

> Solr has just graduated from the Incubator, and has been accepted as a
> Lucene sub-project!
> Thanks to all the Lucene and Solr users, contributors, and developers
> who helped make this happen!
>
> I have a feeling we're just getting started :-)
> -Yonik

Re: Solr graduates and joins Lucene as sub-project

Paul Borgermans
Congratulations Yonik and the Solr team!

I just got started playing with Solr (having done all with "raw" Lucene and
Java object caches only until now)

Too bad I can't reach the issue tracker now, as I want to contribute a PHP
responsewriter to Solr. This work is also a start for a set of generic
classes (first release within a few weeks I guess) to be used in PHP apps
and frameworks.

Paul

http://walhalla.wordpress.com

On 1/17/07, Paul Borgermans <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Congratulations Yonik and the Solr team!
>
> I just got started playing with Solr (having done all with "raw" Lucene and
> Java object caches only until now)
>
> Too bad I can't reach the issue tracker now, as I want to contribute a PHP
> responsewriter to Solr. This work is also a start for a set of generic
> classes (first release within a few weeks I guess) to be used in PHP apps
> and frameworks.

Cool, can't wait to see it!  I bet some of the guys at the upcoming
code4lib pre-conference thing that Erik is leading,
http://code4lib.org/node/139 will appreciate more PHP support too.

-Yonik