Solr "autostart"

Tim Archambault-2
Using Solr with Jetty on linux VPS server. When I ssh and run "start.jar" I
can go to a web browser and with success to the /solr/admin page.  I acn
query with the whole "nine" no problems.

However when I close out my terminal session (iBook) I cannot access the
solr web interface. My intuition is that when  my terminal closes, port 8983
is no longer available.

How can I set my VPS up so that SOLR just works without manual prompting?
Server restart, program failure, etc.

Thanks for any help.

Tim

Re: Solr "autostart"

thorsten
On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 10:34 -0500, Tim Archambault wrote:
> Using Solr with Jetty on linux VPS server. When I ssh and run "start.jar" I
> can go to a web browser and with success to the /solr/admin page.  I acn
> query with the whole "nine" no problems.

> However when I close out my terminal session (iBook) I cannot access the
> solr web interface. My intuition is that when  my terminal closes, port 8983
> is no longer available.

Try starting the server with
java -jar start.jar 2>&1 &

That should keep it up after you disconnect.

HTH

salu2

--
thorsten