Solr suggestions, best practices

Clemens Wyss DEV
At the moment we are using spellchecking-component for suggestions which is suboptimal, to say the least. What are best pracitces for suggestions using Solr?
googling (with excellent suggestions 😉) I came along
https://blog.trifork.com/2012/02/15/different-ways-to-make-auto-suggestions-with-solr/
and
https://grokbase.com/t/lucene/solr-user/14bayc6jkc/best-practice-autosuggest-autocomplete-vs-real-search

Any other valuable reads/links regarding suggestions?

Thx in advance
- Clemens

Re: Solr suggestions, best practices

Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo
Maybe you can look into this:
https://lucidworks.com/2015/03/04/solr-suggester/

Which version of Solr are you using?

Regards,
Edwin

On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 at 17:00, Clemens Wyss DEV <[hidden email]> wrote:

> At the moment we are using spellchecking-component for suggestions which
> is suboptimal, to say the least. What are best pracitces for suggestions
> using Solr?
> googling (with excellent suggestions 😉) I came along
>
> https://blog.trifork.com/2012/02/15/different-ways-to-make-auto-suggestions-with-solr/
> and
>
> https://grokbase.com/t/lucene/solr-user/14bayc6jkc/best-practice-autosuggest-autocomplete-vs-real-search
>
> Any other valuable reads/links regarding suggestions?
>
> Thx in advance
> - Clemens

AW: Solr suggestions, best practices

Clemens Wyss DEV