Solr unable to start up after setting up SSL in Solr 7.4.0

Solr unable to start up after setting up SSL in Solr 7.4.0

Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo
Hi,

Would like to check, if there are any major changes in the way the SSL
works for Solr 7.4.0?

I have tried to set up with the same method that I used for Solr 7.3.1, but
after setting it up, the Solr is unable to load.

Below is the error message that I get.

Caused by: java.security.PrivilegedActionException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundExcep
tion: org.apache.solr.util.configuration.SSLConfigurationsFactory
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration.main(XmlConfiguration.java:150
8)
        ... 7 more
org.apache.solr.util.configuration.
SSLConfigurationsFactory
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:65)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$JettyXmlConfiguration.call(Xml
Configuration.java:784)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$JettyXmlConfiguration.configur
e(XmlConfiguration.java:469)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$JettyXmlConfiguration.configur
e(XmlConfiguration.java:410)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration.configure(XmlConfiguration.jav
a:308)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$1.run(XmlConfiguration.java:15
55)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$1.run(XmlConfiguration.java:15
09)
        ... 9 more
        at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.invokeMain(Main.java:220)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.start(Main.java:486)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.main(Main.java:77)
[...]

Usage: java -jar $JETTY_HOME/start.jar [options] [properties] [configs]
       java -jar $JETTY_HOME/start.jar --help  # for more information

Regards,
Edwin

Re: Solr unable to start up after setting up SSL in Solr 7.4.0

Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo
Hi,

I found that if we replace the following files with the copy from Solr
7.3.1, the SSL can work
- jetty.xml
- jetty-http.xml
- jetty-https.xml
- jetty-ssl.xml

But the copies that comes with Solr 7.4.0 are not working.

I found there are some differences in the file, but not sure if there are
other changes required, or if there are bugs in the copies in Solr 7.4.0?

Regards,
Edwin