SolrCloud Using Solrconfig.xml Instead of Configoverlay.json for RequestHandler QF

SolrCloud Using Solrconfig.xml Instead of Configoverlay.json for RequestHandler QF

Corey Ellsworth
Hello,

I'm using Solr Cloud 6.6. I have a situation where I have a RequestHandler configuration that exists in both the solrconfig.xml file and configoverlay.json file (We inherited this application and are not sure why it is set up like this). From reading the documentation, it seems the configoverlay.json configuration should be the one used. However, while it seems that Solr is pulling most configurations from the configoverlay.json file, it is using the "qf" value from the solrconfig.xml file. Unfortunately, the "qf" fields between the solrconfig and configoverlay files are different, which is leading to unexpected search results.

Has anyone seen this before? If so, what might I do to force the qf  field to pull from the configoverlay.json file? Thank you for any insight into this.

Best regards,

Corey Ellsworth

Re: SolrCloud Using Solrconfig.xml Instead of Configoverlay.json for RequestHandler QF

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Hi,

What is the output of these?

http://localhost:8983/solr/foo/config                This should give the unified config
http://localhost:8983/solr/foo/config/overlay        This should give the overlay only
http://localhost:8983/solr/foo/config/params        You may have some params defined that override things?

See https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_5/config-api.html#config-api-endpoints for the docs

If you believe it is a bug, please try to reproduce from scratch with a config as simple as possible and include in this email thread a step-by-step list of actions to reproduce from a clean solr.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com