SolrCloud Windows Service

Steve Pruitt
Can someone suggest the best method for starting SolrCloud as a Windows Service?

I have used nssm prior.  It works ok for Solr standalone, but doesn't seem to work correctly for SolrCloud.  This could simply be me not configuring the service in nssm.

If anyone has a working method, my thanks.

-S

Re: SolrCloud Windows Service

Shawn Heisey-2
On 12/6/2017 9:39 AM, Steve Pruitt wrote:
> Can someone suggest the best method for starting SolrCloud as a Windows Service?
>
> I have used nssm prior.  It works ok for Solr standalone, but doesn't seem to work correctly for SolrCloud.  This could simply be me not configuring the service in nssm.

It would be the same whether you're starting standalone or cloud.  To
start in cloud mode, edit the solr.in.cmd file so it defines ZK_HOST.

Thanks,
Shawn

RE: [EXTERNAL] - Re: SolrCloud Windows Service

Steve Pruitt
If I sign out, I lose my running Solr.  I need to start it up and then sign out.

Thanks.

-S

Shawn

On 12/6/2017 11:15 AM, Steve Pruitt wrote:
> If I sign out, I lose my running Solr.  I need to start it up and then sign out.

If you're starting Solr with NSSM and having that problem, I think that
would be something to discuss with the NSSM project.  That behavior
sounds like Solr is not actually being started as a service.

One idea:  It's probably necessary to include the "-f" option on the
bin\solr command in your service, so Solr runs as a foreground process
within the service.  Running in the background is a good option for a
manual start, but it might be causing problems for a service, since the
service itself would be a background process.

Thanks,
Shawn