SolrCloud and Kubernetes

ssivashunm
Hi,
  We are interested in setting up SolrCloud in Kubernetes, is there any documentation available for similar setup?

Thanks!
Sundar Sivashunmugam

Re: SolrCloud and Kubernetes

Vincenzo D'Amore
Hi Sundar,

maybe you already know, but I've developed a small project around SolrCloud
with Kubernetes that explain how to start a small cluster (1 Solr node and
1 zookeeper node).

https://github.com/freedev/solrcloud-zookeeper-kubernetes

Best regards,
Vincenzo

Vincenzo D'Amore

Re: SolrCloud and Kubernetes

ssivashunm
Hi Vincenzo,
  I used the repo, but encountering following hurdles and trying to solve
them.
I increased the replicas to 3 for both solr and zookeeper.
I dont want to expose the nodeport directly for inter communication hence
created a headless service and used FQDN of the solr-ss-0  pod for the
solrHost. Solr started fine but still didnt recognize the other 2 solr
replicas when i do Solr status.

Zookeeper has a different issue. When i use
zkHost=zookeeper-ss-0.zookeeper-discovery.default.svc.cluster.local, its
failing to start and ending up in crashloop.

Thanks!
Sundar