Some problems in SOLR-6.5.1

SOLR4189
Before two days we upgraded our SOLR servers from 4.10.1 version to 6.5.1. We
explored logs and saw too many errors like:

1)
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException; null:java.lang.NullPointerException
  at
org.apache.solr.search.grouping.distributed.responseprocessor.StoredFieldsShardResponseProcessor.process(StoredFieldsShardResponseProcessor.java:41)
  at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent.handleGroupedResponses(QueryComponent.java:771)
 . . .

We don't know from which queries it throws.

2) Second error or something strange that we saw in logs - sometimes SOLR
service restarts automatically without any error

Can somebody help to us? Does someone have problems like ours?

Re: Some problems in SOLR-6.5.1

Rick Leir-2
Klin,
You need to use the new version's solrconfig.xml, with modifications as necessary. Start by looking at the current solrconfig, what was modified there?

Did you re-index? If you cannot reindex then you should upgrade to 5.n then to 6.m.
Cheers -- Rick

On October 24, 2017 11:21:48 PM EDT, SOLR4189 <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Before two days we upgraded our SOLR servers from 4.10.1 version to
>6.5.1. We
>explored logs and saw too many errors like:
>
>1)
>org.apache.solr.common.SolrException;
>null:java.lang.NullPointerException
>  at
>org.apache.solr.search.grouping.distributed.responseprocessor.StoredFieldsShardResponseProcessor.process(StoredFieldsShardResponseProcessor.java:41)
>  at
>org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent.handleGroupedResponses(QueryComponent.java:771)
> . . .
>
>We don't know from which queries it throws.
>
>2) Second error or something strange that we saw in logs - sometimes
>SOLR
>service restarts automatically without any error
>
>Can somebody help to us? Does someone have problems like ours?
>

>--
>Sent from: http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

Re: Some problems in SOLR-6.5.1

SOLR4189
Ofcource I did it. I did all changes in solrconfig.xml and used IndexUpgrader
from 4 to 5 and then from 5 to 6.