Spatial Lucene with e.g. Polylines

Christopher Schmidt
Hi all, I am playing around with the spatial extension to Lucene.
I am using the distance query builder now. I wonder if it is possible to to use other shapes than points and other queries than distances. I've seen (beside that you do not like the metric system ;-) ) that there are some shape intersection calculations etc. so I would assume that stuff like "which polyline intersects with my polyline?" should be possible.

If this is possible, are there any examples?
If not, what has to be done to implement that functionality?

--
Christopher
twitter: @fakod

Re: Spatial Lucene with e.g. Polylines

pjaol
It's possible, I wrote one last year as a demo
http://www.knowledgenowsystems.com/polySpatialSolrUI/

But I've since stepped back from solr, there are some products that have been deployed using it as research projects, it certainly hasn't been updated in a while.

twitter: @fakod

Re: Spatial Lucene with e.g. Polylines

Lance Norskog-2
Thanks for the UI js code.