Specifying no-ops...

escher2k
I want to capture information about the user who is executing a particular search. Is there a way to specify in Solr that certain fields should just be treated as pass through and not processed ? This way I can use arbitrary params to do better logging.

Thanks.

Re: Specifying no-ops...

Chris Hostetter-3

: I want to capture information about the user who is executing a particular
: search. Is there a way to specify in Solr that certain fields should just be
: treated as pass through and not processed ? This way I can use arbitrary
: params to do better logging.

fields are different from query params ... it sounds like you are asking
about query params (which will be in the URL and recorded in your
appserver logs).  Any param Solr doesn't know about is already ignored...

http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=ipod&some_random_param_that_is_ignored=hoss+is+being_ignored

Re: Specifying no-ops...

Brian Whitman
When we use solr in a javascript / ajax.request context we often want
to 'tag' requests with the user id or item number or something that
will not normally appear in the solr results. Because in an
asynchronous request handler, you won't know who or what the query is
about. To do this, we make sure all of our requesthandlers in
solrconfig.xml have "echoParams = explicit" set.

Then you can do select?q=dogs&userid=XR30010&itemid=TR30120

And solr will not complain about those extra params and will also
echo them back in the response XML/json, which your client can parse.

On May 1, 2007, at 2:22 AM, escher2k wrote:

> I want to capture information about the user who is executing a
> particular
> search. Is there a way to specify in Solr that certain fields
> should just be
> treated as pass through and not processed ? This way I can use
> arbitrary
> params to do better logging.
>
> Thanks.

http://variogr.am/