Status of solR / HDFS-v3 compatibility

Nicolas Paris-2
Hi

solr doc [1] says it's only compatible with hdfs 2.x
is that true ?

[1]: http://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_7/running-solr-on-hdfs.html

nicolas

Re: Status of solR / HDFS-v3 compatibility

Kevin Risden-3
For Apache Solr 7.x or older yes - Apache Hadoop 2.x was the dependency.
Apache Solr 8.0+ has Hadoop 3 compatibility with SOLR-9515. I did some
testing to make sure that Solr 8.0 worked on Hadoop 2 as well as Hadoop 3,
but the libraries are Hadoop 3.

The reference guide for 8.0+ hasn't been released yet, but also don't think
it was updated.

Kevin Risden

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 9:32 AM Nicolas Paris <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> solr doc [1] says it's only compatible with hdfs 2.x
> is that true ?
>

> [1]: http://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_7/running-solr-on-hdfs.html

> nicolas

Re: Status of solR / HDFS-v3 compatibility

Nicolas Paris-2
Thanks kevin, and also thanks for your blog on hdfs topic

nicolas

Re: Status of solR / HDFS-v3 compatibility

Hendrik Haddorp
We have some Solr 7.6 setups connecting to HDFS 3 clusters. So far that
did not show any compatibility problems.