Quantcast

Storing index of different collections in different location

Storing index of different collections in different location

Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo
Hi,

Is it possible to store the index of different collections of the same
shard under different directory or even different hard disk?

For example, I want to store the index of collection1 in C drive, and the
index of collection2 in D drive.

I'm using SolrCloud in Solr 6.4.2

Regards,
Edwin

Re: Storing index of different collections in different location

Mikhail Khludnev-2
Hello, Edwin.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-CREATESHARD:CreateaShard
mentions
property.*name*=*value* string No Set core property *name* to *value*. See
the section Defining core.properties
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Defining+core.properties> for
details on supported properties and values.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Defining+core.properties
mentions

dataDir

The core's data directory (where indexes are stored) as either an absolute
pathname, or a path relative to the value of instanceDir.  This is data by
default.
Probably you can adjust index location if you create shards manually.

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Storing index of different collections in different location

Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo
Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for the information.
I'll try it out.