Streaming Expression: get the value of the array at the specified position

Streaming Expression: get the value of the array at the specified position

Nazerke S
Hi,

I am interested in getting the value of the array at the given index. For
example,

let(echo="b", a=array(1,2,3,4,5), b=getAt(a, 2))  should return 3.

Is there a way to get access an array's element by indexing?

Thanks!

__Nazerke

Re: Streaming Expression: get the value of the array at the specified position

David Hastings
no.

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 11:09 AM Nazerke S <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am interested in getting the value of the array at the given index. For
> example,
>
> let(echo="b", a=array(1,2,3,4,5), b=getAt(a, 2))  should return 3.
>
> Is there a way to get access an array's element by indexing?
>
> Thanks!
>
> __Nazerke

Re: Streaming Expression: get the value of the array at the specified position

Joel Bernstein
There actually is an undocumented function called valueAt. It works both
for an array and for a matrix.

For an array:

let(echo="b", a=array(1,2,3,4,5), b=valueAt(a, 2))  should return 3.

I have lot's of documentation still to do.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 11:12 AM David Hastings <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> no.
>
> On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 11:09 AM Nazerke S <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am interested in getting the value of the array at the given index. For
> > example,
> >
> > let(echo="b", a=array(1,2,3,4,5), b=getAt(a, 2))  should return 3.
> >
> > Is there a way to get access an array's element by indexing?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > __Nazerke

Re: Streaming Expression: get the value of the array at the specified position

Nazerke S
That was really helpful for my use case.

It should definitely be included in the documentation.